Friday, June 26, 2009

Birthdays

Happy birthday to my nephew. This is a bit premature as your day isn't until July 1 when you will turn the big 30. Welcome to it. Just remember, "Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened." I believe all the great life lessons you learn after you turn 30, or at least you start to really understand what you might have been told before.
The night you were born I wasn't there. I had been "volunteered" to stay with an elderly friend of a great aunt. Only your grandmother (my mother) could do that to me. The next morning I was told you had been born. I went up to the hospital that afternoon.
I wish for you this weekend a great gathering of friends and family who love you. Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age. I know you won't turn into vinegar.
As Thoreau said: "If you want to be happy, be"

A very happy 30th birthday weekend extravaganza.

TC

No comments: