Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Little kiddies

It's so amazing how little children love with their whole heart....no grudges, no heart break, no past loves that did them wrong that hinders their ability to open themselves for more love. They just give it freely and without reservation.
I spent time yesterday late afternoon, early evening at my sister's house and the youngest (so far) niece Evie was there. She is 21 months old and has changed from a baby to a little girl so quickly....she babbles along with ideas and thoughts that I can't figure out, but she also signs, and I know most of the signs. She also now calls my name...well, a variation of. I hear her say "teece" and it sounds a bit like "this" but I'll look up and she is standing there saying "teece" and beckoning me with her little hand to come to her and she walks me around the back yard to explore...or we tag along after my sister's dogs so that Evie can see exactly what they are up to....
For some reason Evie considers my purse the holy grail. Mine is the only purse she wants to get into and pull all the contents out of. Then she likes to take one of my lipsticks, last night it was Chanel (good girl!) and go around to everyone and put some on their face...I would say lips but she missed and sometimes you get it on your nose or your chin. I learned after a couple of times that I need to really look around the area where she plays with it as she once hid my American Express card under the rug. That was a freak-out on my part until I remembered that just maybe Evie had boggarted the Amex. Again, good girl!
She calls my sister Oma for grandma. Oma is german and although my sister and I are half German it is not a language anyone but me in the family can speak. We are a bit unclear where she learned it, but she is a genious. She calls my brother-in-law Papa, which just melts his heart when he walks into the house from work and she runs to him calling PaaaaPaaaaa.
Her father is Diddy. I find this especially amusing so now I call Kevin "P Diddy". He doesn't find it nearly as clever as I.
Sometimes the simpliest of things can just melt a cold cold heart. Evie is one life's blessings to us all. Soon we will welcome Evie's little sister or brother into the family and I'm sure I will be as madly inlove with her/him as I am with Evie. Maybe I just need to spend my days around Evelyn and forget about all the other stuff. As long as I'm there to do what she asks, sing along to Little Einsteins, and provide the Chanel, she's a happy girl and I'm a very happy Auntie

No comments: