Monday, March 23, 2009

AEP/PSO kiss my hiney...

For the past several weeks the Asplundh tree people have spent time in our neighborhood trimming trees of 5 years growth. Some trees they just removed which was fine with me. They trimmed huge branches from my oak trees. These oaks are huge....many, many years old. My backyard looks worse than when the ice storm hit in 2007. I knew they would return eventually and cut up and chip away what they had piled in my backyard.
Today, a PSO representative rang my doorbell and told me that they would be back "sometime next week" to start getting rid of the wood. However, they would need to take down 12 feet of my privacy fence. Uh, hello, WTF?
I told him "no".
He blinked and acted most surprised and asked me why. I told him the Asplundh people had no trouble getting through the very wide gates I have both at my driveway and on the South side of the house. I also told him I knew too many people where PSO had taken down their fence to work and ruined it, or it took weeks, sometimes months to get it repaired.
In addition, I have dogs, and twice when PSO "broke in" to read my meter, they literally broke my fence. My fence is locked because I want no dogs going out and no strangers coming in. Twice when PSO broke in my backyard, they left the broken gate open and dogs ran out later to be found by a panicked me when I arrived home and found them gone.
So, no.
My refusal apparently irritated Mr. PSO Man and I don't care. If he does what I think he's going to....delay the limb removal, I'm going to start calling both PSO and Asplundh customer service on at thrice daily basis.
I know, bury the lines!
Every other place I have lived the electrical lines are buried. We have wind "micro bursts" every spring and fall, we have tornadoes, we have ice storms, which always, in some part of Tulsa cause the lines to fall and we are without power and then we end up paying for the work in our bill.
Well, I am willing to pay for buring the lines.

No comments: