Friday, June 24, 2011

The Mirror


I no longer look at every reflection of myself and see a map of disappointments. I see vigor, curves and force, an organic tumble of sensual, sexual energy. I stand straighter. I breathe deeper. My heart opens.

I think when you start comparing "up" you only dissappoint yourself. Comparing yourself to a woman that is exquisitely beautiful is not healthy. I learned while working at Impressions that all of those visions of beauty are Photoshopped to the extreme.


I am never going to look like Catherine Zeta-Jones or Elizabeth Taylor. I am blonde, pale, with huge blue eyes,and lips I wish were a bit fuller on the top. But all in all, I'm pleased with my look. I'm not edgy, I admire people that do have that look, but I just look silly.

I saw a girl at Merritt's the other day that has a Betty Page look going. She's done a pretty good job of it and looks wonderful. While I admire her, I could never have that look without looking silly.



As I get older I think I look better...maybe that is just accepting myself for who I am. Don't get me wrong, I still spend a lot of money on my face, specifically the skin on my face, I don't let the sun touch it, and I do not go out in public without color on my lips and eyebrows. But that is me and who I am. Have I had botox, you betcha. Will I do it again? You betcha. I don't like that crease that I get between my eyes and that is where the botox goes. I proudly admit it.

But it's nice to be comfortable and I've never really cared what others thought.

No comments: