Saturday, June 25, 2011

When people let you down....


Recently I have experienced a situation where I thought my friend was the person he claimed to be. Caring, kind, emotionally mature, respectful, and most importantly I thought he had integrity. Integrity is engraved deep in your soul, and can be read by the people around you based on the way you live and act. Be kind straightforward and honest in your endeavors with every person you meet.



I was wrong and it bothers me.

I am usually such a good judge of character. This time I was fooled and it troubles me. But I have done the wise thing and stopped communicating with this friend. It does me no good to try to figure out why. The why is obvious. Instead of being emotionally mature, he is still handling people like he is in high school. He has no concern for anyone but himself, he knows he hurts people and continues to do so and just moves on to the next person.

I look back and know I was kind and giving and supportive and that is all I needed to be.

Sometimes people are just so messed up that they cannot function with integrity and that is a shame. I'm not sure how you fix that other than taking a long hard look in the mirror and seeing the person you are.

Blaming everyone else is not the answer. You are your own answer. Accept responsibility for both the failures and successes in your life.

But an apology is definitely in order...but I'm not holding my breath.

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

And so I take with me these words. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

No comments: